What is MD5?
- It's the regulated as a 1-way function
- MD5 implementations produce a 128-bit hash value from a data string
- Any data
iscapable toinput in fixed-size output string
- It includes Graphic
showinginputs, hash functions, and hash sums
- Same data input maps to the same output.
- Identical outputs from different inputs are rare but can happen.
- md5sum is the command line tool for MD5 hashing, for Linux systems
- Some of the operating systems have similar commands.
For Client-Side Installation and Usage
What you need to do first is to download the md5
What is the next thing to do? Calculate the MD5 hex-encoded hash of a string in your JS application code. How you will do that?
You will find more examples of using the library API below:
For Server-Side Installation and Usage with NodeJs
You can use the MD5 library on the server side with NodeJS, then you can install the
In the following code you will learn
var md5 = require("blueimp-md5"),
After that you now can run this NodeJS application:
These are the API Examples, the library has one function that can take
Required: Input string MD5 hashed must be present.
Optional: The HMAC key value is for message authentication by using the cryptographic hash functions such as MD5 with a secret shared key.
You can find here the
Calculate the hex-encoded MD5 hash of a given string value: